Home..........About..........Online Shop..........Etsy Shop..........Folksy Shop..........Newsletter....

Monday, April 20, 2009

ArtFire

After writing that looooong post about promotions I started to think about expanding my own marketing further, so I decided to open an ArtFire store. ArtFire is a lot like Etsy, it is there for the same types of customers and sellers and so it was easy to set my store up there. They have teams, currency conversion and it even alows you to link to your blog, etsy page, flickr and any other places you promote your store.

There are 2 types of accounts you can get, one has listing and commission fees similar to Etsy and the other is a $12 subscription fee once a month a NO FEES at all! Personally I jumped at the chance to only pay $12 a month! You can even get your subscription free for life if you refer 10 or more people within 5 days of signing up yourself.


Now I freely admit that part of the reason for this blog post is the distant hope that 10 people would sign up, saying I referred them so I could get my subscription free. But I would not have written this post if I didn't genuinely think that it was a good move for any seller to expand their horizons and market their product in more places.

Interested? You can find out more here
and tell them "thehouseofmouse" sent you ;)

11 comments:

  1. I set up a store there about 2 months ago. But so far nothing yet (so I changed my paid account into a free one again) Which btw goes very easily and fast!
    I need to put more effort in it... But still ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grats Anna, I wish you an ever bigger success there (than on Etsy) :-)
    And now...cheking out AF :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've singed up and mentioned you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I signed up in February for the $7 per month flat fee. I haven't been able to spend the time I'd like doing it, and as a result I don't think I've had sales there because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anna for the info. I'll take a look when I have time (busy like a bee at the moment) and see whether I would like to sign up and would refer you if I do. : ) I hope to be able to have more time in the summer after I complete my study. All the best and succes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing this information. I sell on Etsy but I do not have enough merchandise to sell on another site at the moment. I need to find a way to sew faster first!
    Lots of luck. I wish you many sales. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great information. I signed up in December, but have yet to do anything with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I joined about four months ago, and although I really like the format and the loading of pictures, etc., it really has been a slow start. The people at Artfire are very helpful, and I am sure that the site will gain ground as time goes on. I am on the $7 a month fixed fee (before it went up) so will stick with it, and plan to promote a bit more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry, I am already signed up :-(
    After awhile, Let us know how you do there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've come across you from the Europe Artfire Guild, I really love your mice!
    Mary V. of True Colours

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts